This article summarizes how to edit the registration form for your event on Fourwaves.
The registration form has 3 default mandatory fields:
- First name
- Last name
Adding a field
From Website Pages -> Registration, you will see the registration form. Click Add a field to add a new field to the form.
There are 6 field types:
- Text. For a short answer in text form.
- Long text. For a long answer in text form on multiple lines.
- Multiple choices. For a multiple choice question with a single possible answer.
- Checkboxes. For a question with one or more checkboxes.
- File uploads. Choose between 4 options: all file types, Images (png, gif or jpg), PDF document or Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Instructions. This is simply a text that can be inserted in the form to provide specific instructions for the participant.
You can click the Edit icon to edit a field.
This will open a side panel where you will see different options. Some options can't be edited for certain field types, but in general the options are:
The text the participant sees for this question. This is the public name of the field itself.
The internal name is used to identify the field in a short concise format. It displays for example in your data table, on receipts or sometimes on the event website.
Determines if the participant must select a value for this field. Otherwise the form will not be submitted.
Hides a specific field from the registration form. It is only visible to organizers.
For the options of a multiple choice question or of a checkbox field, you can determine if there's a maximum number of times this item can be selected.
You can set a question to display or be hidden based on certain conditions. You can configure this through the Conditions tab.
In the example above, the Affiliation question will only be visible to those who select either Professor or Postdoc at the Profile question.
Adding a form section
You can organize your form in Sections. Click Add a section at the bottom of your form to add a new section. Each section can have a title and a description.
You can see each section on the right hand side and reorder sections from there.