This article explains how you can simulate the virtual poster session before the day of the event so everyone knows what to expect.
It is a good idea to do a practice before the event so participants know what to expect.
1. Create a practice session in your schedule
- Go to Web site -> Schedule.
- Create a session on the day you want to do the practice. You can call it Poster session practice, for example. Assign a room with a Livestream type Virtual poster session (see this article).
- Confirm that the virtual poster session is scheduled correctly (see this article).
- Make sure the presentations page is visible in the event menu and that at least one presentation is visible.
- At the time of practice, in the list of presentations, you will see this icon which indicates that the video chat rooms are open.
Note: If you don't see this icon, the session is not scheduled at the right time or you added presentations to the practice session. In the latter case, conversations will be enabled only for these presentations.
2. Let your participants know about the practice
Invite participants to the practice session by sending an email via Fourwaves.
Share them these resources:
Send them a Zoom link where they will join you to explain the course of the practice.
3. Practice the different steps
The goal is for them to be able to simulate what will happen on the day of the event. Here are the steps to show them:
- Invite participants to log in to the event with the email address used during registration. They can reset their password if needed. If that doesn't work, make sure the email address they're using is on the attendees list.
- Show them where the presentations page is and explain the search bar and filters.
- On a presentation page show them the button at the bottom to join a conversation or call a presenter.
- They will be able to ensure their camera and microphone are working properly (see section below if a problem arises at this level).
- Mac users who want to share their screen may need to give their browser permission to share the screen (see this article).
If a participant encounters a problem during practice
This is the reason you are doing the practice!
Before the practice session, make sure the organizers have reviewed this troubleshooting guide which lists potential problems and solutions.
Participants often can resolve problems quickly with one of the following solutions:
- Using a compatible browser, such as Chrome. Make sure it is up to date!
- By refreshing the page or restarting the browser.
- By closing another application (such as Zoom) that is using the camera or microphone.
If you can't find the solution, ask the participant to run the test on this page.
Once the test is finished (~1 minute), it will tell if there's a particular problem.
If you still can't find it ask the participant to click on Save this data as simple text and send the results to email@example.com with the participant email so we can follow up.
Want to do a practice session only for organizers?
You can do a practice session only with the organizing committee. The only thing to do is to make sure at least one organizer has a submission and test the video conversation using this submission.
Caution: when you click Call Presenter, this will notify the presenter by email that someone is calling them at their poster. If it's a practice only for organizers, make sure to call a Presenter from a submission owned by an organizer.